HP3000-L Archives

September 2004, Week 1

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:46:14 -0400
So I guess what I am hearing is that I should replace the hubs I still have
and then the gremlins may go away? The office with the apparent distance
problem and the internet connection are both on the same switch. Is it
possible that the traffic on the hub is slowing everything down? I do
have to keep at least one hub, since that is where the DTCs hook into.
And yes, I am working toward replacing the DTCs as well, but I have
a bunch of printers to replace and a remote site connection over a mux
to resolve before that can happen. I can get most everything else off the
hub.

So I'm also hearing nothing about my suggestion of putting a switch halfway
and plugging the other side of the office into that. Is that under the
heading
of unnecessary?
            Tom