HP3000-L Archives

September 2004, Week 1

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:08:54 -0400
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:54:09 -0400, Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If you want to stop terrorists, it's actually easier than you think.  Stop
>meddling in the affairs of other countries and above all, stop supporting
>Israel.  If you did that, Terrorism against the US would probably stop
>overnight.
>
>-----------------
>
>Mr Barker -
>
>This is the philosophy of appeasement.  If we do as you say, and the only
>democracy in the Middle East collapses, and the terrorism against the USA
>does not stop, what do you do?  Do you re-establish Israel, say you are
>sorry for the mistake to the few people who survived, and call it good?
>You are presuming the people who have been making a living by stirring
>up hated of the USA will quit that job and go back to carpentry or
>something once we start minding our own business.

Mr. Yokem,

Israel has been fighting terror with terror for centuries and gotten
nowhere. How about another aproach as terror doesn't work?
BTW, the US government has supported dictators for years. When they are no
longer usfull, they switch sides, don't even say "sorry" and fight then
for "freedom".
Don't work either. Not saying that I know the right way, but the current
way doesn't ans has not worked for centuries. Therefore time to try
something new.

MB