HP3000-L Archives

September 2004, Week 1

From:
Adam Dorritie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Dorritie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:35:16 -0500
Denys Beauchemin writes:
> Quick, what is the difference between John Kerry and Zell Miller, Mitch
> McConnell and Orin Hatch?

Quick, what's the difference between a reasoned, intellectually valid
response and a non sequitur?

Bzzzttt  Time's up.

Own what you say, Denys.

> > I am not aware of a single piece of legislation that carries Kerry's
> > name as the main sponsor.  I'm sure that if one existed, he would
> > have talked about it during his acceptance speech at the DNC.

As for the rest, Mr. Smeltzer suggested that Kerry's record was
deficient because of the ratio of bills passed to bills sponsored and
the nature of the bill(s) passed.  I merely placed the numbers in some
context and gave others the opportunity to research further.

Sure, Kerry is the one running for President, that doesn't mean that one
can take his record out of context, or mis-state it and get a free pass.