SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:44:13 -0400
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:32:00 +0100, Doug Taylor
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>As Feeesh graphically outlined, I stumbled upon him in the square in
Cozumel
>last week. Considering I was thousands of miles from home (the UK), and on
>only my second visit to Coz, what were the odds?

About 1 in 20 now.  :-)   I used to be able to say that if anyone is
in Coz any day of the year, the probability was about 1/7 that I would
be there too.

>To finish Bob's story:
>
>"Since he just got here and we have only two more days of diving left, I
>hastened to urge him to change his dive booking and dive with us tomorrow
>
>We may have a three person mini-NEDfest after all."
>
>And we did! I was only able to get in a couple of dives with the Feeesh and
>Sue, but they were great - as much for the knowledge that I was sharing a
>dive with an old friend (even though we'd never met before :) as for the
>spectacular beauty of Palancar.
>
>In conclusion, I'd just like to say, FUC 3.12

It has been awhile since I've been FUC'd!  You said the FUC page is
still somewhere, but with a different URL.  Post it here so that I
can ascertain HOW I've been FUC'd.  I think I tried this one

>http://www.ivydene1.co.uk/doug/nedfuc.htm

but it didn't work.  I'll try again.  I can't look at two different
pages at the same time on THIS cruiseship internet connection.

>Have fun on your voyage, Bob. :)

Thanks.  Had two wonnerful dives in Raiatea and Moorea the past two
days.  On the Moorea dive, I posed a querry about something I had
NEVER seen in all my years of diving (an undersea fungas that is
apparently the delicacy for a green turtle).  If any of you marine
biologist here knows anything about what I called "truffle of the
sea", please enlight.

>Dive Safe,
>--
>Doug Taylor
>Keeper of the NED FUC

Da Feeesh

via satellite, at sea speeding towards Pitcairn (UK).