SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2004

From:
Doug Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:25:42 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Strike" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 10:08 AM
Subject: [SCUBA-SE] A "weighty" problem? (Was Re: [SCUBA-SE] Diving Easter
Island, Anyone?)

> (snip)
> G'Day, Doug!  :-)
>
> Mate! "crushed neoprene", you say?  I hope that you feel thoroughly
ashamed
> of yourself?  Thinking divers know that it's virtually impossible to get
> your willy out of a 'P-Port' on a crushed neoprene wet suit!  :-)))))

I have to admit I never knew that.

But P-Ports are, of course, only necessary for WWWs who convert to drysuit
diving. Those of us who have to dive drysuited from birth just learn to hold
it :))

Nevertheless I have a dive buddy who rigged a condom-catheter to a spare
wrist dump valve via surgical tubing. After a particularly cold 90 minute
dive, I hastened off to find relief, only to return and find him waving the
end of the tubing around.

"What are you doing?", I asked.

"Just shaking the drops."

> (Mind you!  I could never get mine out of a shell suit!)  :-)
>
> Strike

FUC7.1 :D

Dive Safe,
--
Doug
NED Speciality Instructor of Kidney Bursting