SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2004

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 02:49:36 -0400
Lee Bell wrote:

>Because I live in one of the newer parts of town, where numerous canals were
>dug to fill land to a reasonable elevation, 8 feet above sea level, I have
>excellent drainage.   Flooding was never much of an issue, but the wind
>certainly was.

Thanks for the update, and hope your luck holds up for the leeward
behind the eye.  Nothing notable from here, but nothing much other than
heavy rain to hit sometime late Tuesday, which was fortunate as we had a
very wet August.  The last time a storm large enough to make much of a
dent here was Andrew.  But if I ever needed assistance from flooding in
the new place I'd be in line right behind Noah :-)  Otherwise my only
concern is local area tornados (tormadoes?)  since I'm almost in a
tree-house already; if it is wicked enough to take the trees up front,
there is definitely a feeeesh out of water afoot.

>This was the
>When it was all said and done, which it pretty much is now, I lost most of
>the screen on my patio, about half the limbs from my palms and, worst of
>all, quite a few shingles from my roof.  I'll go up tomorrow to ensure I
>don't have any leaks and, if I do, will temporarily patch them.

Sounds like you're well prepared for A/C failure.  Does your setup patch
directly into your destination panel, or is it separately wired?  I've
signed off on building specs for HVAC at work, but haven't a clue yet as
how this place is other wired other than everything is underground and
pops out a conduit in the garage.  Most residential wiring around here
is above ground.  Lots of spikes and outages during thunderstorm season,
but haven't had a nasty one in a long time.

Well, hope you and our other scuba-se'levs wish you riding out Ivan.

Jeff