SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2004

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 04:29:02 -0400
Reef Fish wrote:

>>Is it bigger/heavier than the one you already
>>have?  I thought it was impressive enough :-)
>>

>The one you're thinking about is the ironwood shark I bought in
>Cancun years ago.  THAT fish weighed about 10 times more than the
>one I purchased.  :-)

That's what I suspected.  Inspect ing that shark is a moment I'll always
remember.  That shark would bring in some $$$ if you were to offer it by
weight.  But come to think about it, maybe that's why you never carry
much lead, you're hiding that shark somewhere in your BC :-)

Jeff (trumpetfish again)\

Of all the word carving of fishes I've seen all over the world, Ihave
never seen anyone carve a trumpetfish! I wonder why.Da Feeesh.

Well the trumpetfish is bordering on the endangered species list, at
least as of the reef census several years ago.  But should you run
across one, pick it up and put it on my tab :-)  I'm still working on
the new nest.  You and Sue should drop by before your next venture
through ATL, I'm only two blocks off the freeway now.

Jeff