SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2004

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:40:32 -0400
Da Feessh said:

>But Eddie's Tour de France record has just been broken by our USA
gonad-challenged Armstrong -- which I thought rather humo(u)rous
that Amstrong would have an all-time SIX consecutive win of the Tour
de France and Legstrong is nowhere in sight.<

Nah, that's totally irrelevant.  Armstrong is a good rider, but something
of a one-trick-pony, doing only the TDF each year. Nobody who knows
anything about cycling has him in the top five of 'all-time-greatest'.
Eddie raced something like 1500 races, won about 450. Nobody gets close to
that.

Don't believe da weasel? Go to rec.bicycles.racing and ask them. They have
a good number of clueful guys on there. Unlike your favorite scuba list,
which has only one or two. And only if I count the occasional Waldbrenner
post.