SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:33:56 -0400
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:46:15 -0500, Russ Berger <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>        FLORENCE, Ky., Sept. 18 (UPI) --
>        "Mr. Furlong and his friends would not stop taking the
>lobsters out of the tank," McDermond said.
>        Furlong was taken to the Boone County jail, where he spent
>45 minutes in custody. He had to promise to commit "no further
>offenses" in Kentucky before being released and must pay a $171.50
>fine or appear in court Oct. 1.

Damn!  I should have claimed that I was just rushing to free some
lobsters the time I was hauled to Kentucky Lexington County's
Kangaroo Court when I was alledged to have been travelling in
excess of the posted speed limit on I-75.  :-)

It was about midnight, and I had the choice to spend the night
in jail waiting for court the next day, or waking up the Sheriff
to hold "court" at his home, so that I could pay the fine at the
spot for his moonshine.  Obviously I chose to appear in that
Kangaroo Court.  It was so surreaslistic that I really thought
I was either in the shooting of a movie or a Candid Camera show.
Alas, it was REAL, Kentucky "Justice" in action.  :-)

I think my fine was about the same as Mr. Furlong's.

Da Feeesh.