HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 5

From:
"Newton, Ernie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Newton, Ernie
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:44:51 -0700
Greetings,

I am trying to archive data off of some old reel tapes
onto some DDS1 and DDS2 cartridges.

Some of these DDS cartridges were last written to on
machines other that the HP3K.  The problem I'm having
is that the DDS3 drive on our 939 doesn't recognize the
tapes as being write-enabled.  This is even happening to
HP3000 STORE cartridges that are over ten years old.

Is this a known problem?  Is there a way to overcome it?

Or, do I need to bite the bullet and buy enough DDS3
cartridges to complete this project?

Thanks,

Ernie Newton
Information & Technology Department