HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 5

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:40:22 -0400
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:12:06 -0400, Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Denys,
>
>you started another OT.
>Darn, the truth is so hard to believe ;-)
>but then again, there is always an excuse or a reason to FLIP-FLOP.
>
>MB
>
>------------------
>
>If you refer to this particular thread, it was started by John Dunlop.

as I can read and follow-up, I know that. He started another.

this flip-flop is from GWB:

In a speech to the national convention of the American Legion, Bush said,
``We meet today in a time of war for our country, a war we did not start
yet one that we will win.

That statement differed from Bush's earlier comment, aired Monday in a pre-
taped television interview, that ``I don't think you can win'' the war on
terror.

Bush's war on terror remark was the latest in a string of recent comments
in which the president seemed to backpedal previous certainties.

In a flurry of interviews timed to coincide with this week's convention,
Bush acknowledged a ``miscalculation'' about what the United States would
encounter in postwar Iraq after the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime and
said the ``catastrophic success'' of a swift military victory there helped
produce the still-potent insurgency.

``First George W. Bush said he miscalculated the war in Iraq, then he
called it a catastrophic success and blamed the military,'' Kerry
spokeswoman Allison Dobson said. ``Now he says we can't win the war on
terror. Is that what (chief Bush political strategist) Karl Rove means when
he calls for steady leadership?''