HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 5

From:
Alan Yeo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:31:51 -0500
 In article <[log in to unmask]>, donna garverick
<[log in to unmask]> writes
<snip>

>- should sig image merge with sig mpe?

To me merging all the HP3000/MPE SIG's makes sense, as most issues now
are going to be about maintenance, and issues related to support and
what HP will or wont be doing pre/post 2006

>- should sig image include eloquence users and become sig
>image/eloquence?

Again my personal opinion is that this would be confusing, one product
is evolving and changing the other isn't. Whilst externally they provide
the same/very similar functionality, fundamentally they are completely
different. I think the issues of those staying with TurboImage will be
different from those who have migrated to Eloquence. As will be the
response from their Vendors.

>- any other suggestions?

As was suggested at HP World, should there be "SIG STAY", "SIG GO" and
maybe "SIG DONT KNOW"  :-)

--
Alan Yeo
[log in to unmask]    Just because you're paranoid