HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 5

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:49:50 +0200
One solution I'm thinking of is to plug FW_SCSI cards into your 979 (HP P/N
28696A), and use SCSI-FC routers to link your SAN array (Fibre Channel
assumed) to your SCSI cards. Beware of the firmware revision level of the
SCSI/FC routers, though. Depending on what your SAN array is, also expect a
reduced feature set, like (e.g.) not being able to support double porting
(alternate paths), most likely no load balancing, and so forth.

I'm available for further help if needed.

Christian Lheureux
Directeur BU Infrastructure / Manager of IT Infrastructure BU
________________________________

          29, rue de Rosières
  91240 SAINT-MICHEL-SUR-ORGE
  FRANCE
  Téléphone :        +33 1 69 72 12 83
  Fax :  +33 1 60 15 30 62
  Email :        [log in to unmask]
  Web :          www.btwcomputing.com

En mai 2004,APPIC RH devient BTW Computing, une activité du Groupe BTW
In May 2004, APPIC RH becomes BTW Computing, an activity of the BTW Group