HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 4

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:03:50 -0400
<<snip>>

Jim wrote:

I was wondering if it was an Image resource issue, but
that's probably a distant possiblity seeing as how we
only have about 60 users accessing the data bases...

With the massive limits in TurboIMAGE now (number of data sets allowed, for
example) I doubt Image is having a resource issue...

Some suggestions, comments, questions...

Are these users modifying data via Vplus screens or in batch mode?

Could it be other users are deleting data after the original
DBXBEGIN/updates/DBXEND have completed ?

Yes, a debug file for your displays will probably help.

In my apps, which are all Vplus apps, I get to see any errors on the
screen immediately. During my development phase I was hardcoding errors
in the source so I could see error messages immediately. So I know that
the DBX procedures are working correctly for me without any problems.

However, I am doing all my development and testing on a dedicated machine
where I am the only user on a little 917LX running under 6.5 PP2.

If you would like to share some of your source code with me I would be
happy to give it a second look with you. You can send it to me offline
to my email address if you wish. I'll be happy to assist you in any way I
can.

Brian.