HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 4

From:
donna garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:28:01 -0700
--- Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Mark Bixby wrote:
>
> > That Perl script is available here:
> >
> > http://www.bixby.org/ftp/pub/mpe/cicat2html.pl

this is one of my favs! re-running this script is part of my os update
process....  i find these pages extraodinarily useful because all of
the help text for a particular command/function is available on a
single page.  for commands with alot of documentation, paging thru it
from the colon prompt is not ideal.  also, you can use your browser's
search function to look for something specific.

> Unlike a windows help file, there is no index so you have to
> reference the web page of each command individually.

i wrote something to generate an index.  i'll look for it tomorrow.
it's a regular mpe script, for those without perl (but why? :-)   - d

=====
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer
dgarverick -at- longs -dot- com
925-210-6631        Longs Drug Stores

Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
"Ulysses", A. Tennyson