HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 3

From:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 01:41:10 -0400
Once upon a time, if I have my fact straight, Mark Bixby provided a perl
script to turn CICAT into HTML. I'm thinking that well-tagged MPE Help HTML
would come in handy for enriching some job stream documentation I have been
asked to do. Has any one made the resulting HTML available? Ideally, it
could help to be able to link directly into the juicy parts for the details
of command syntax or keywords. Does the resulting HTML have such anchors, or
would they have to be added? If so, has anyone else done the dirty work?

Of course, helpful advice, comments, or suggestions on documenting job
streams as HTML are more than welcome. I'm seriously considering beginning a
given page with the job stream in a fixed font (but no line numbers), and
heavily marking up the job stream, linking to explanatory text below the
bare listing.

Greg Stigers