HP3000-L Archives

August 2004, Week 3

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:32:32 -0500
 Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The GSP uses straight Telnet protocol
> The Web Console uses HTTPS.

On a new rx2600 I looked at recently I believe there's actually a
command on the service processor to generate an SSL key pair, which
(while I haven't actually tried configuring it) makes me think that
it supportes "real" SLL security.

Keep in mind that the old external "Secure Web Consoles" are *not*
secure and do *not* actually encrypt the data stream!  Well, unless
you consider XORing each telnet character with the same 8-bit
constant to be 'encryption'.

G.