UTCSTAFF Archives

August 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Kim Edward Renz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Edward Renz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:09:49 -0400
I cannot believe I am the first to say this on Raven:

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE COACH WHO HELPED MAKE THIS POSSIBLE. GOOD FOR YOU,
ROBERT, AND FOR ALL YOU DO WITH A CLUB SPORT AT UTC!!

At 05:26 PM 8/22/2004, Robert Espeseth wrote:
>     Dan Beery (UTC Class of '00) won Olympic Gold today in the US Men's
> Eight.
>They led from the start, and won by over one second, with the Netherlands
>second
>and Australia third.  This is the first Olympic Gold for the US Men's Eight
>since 1964,
>and Dan is not only the first UTC alum to earn an Olympic berth, but is
>also the only
>UTC alum to earn a gold medal.
>
>     Congratulations Dan!!!!!
>
>Robert Espeseth Jr.
>UTC Rowing

Kim Edward Renz, Director
Patten Performances, UTC Fine Arts Center
Department 1351, 615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403-2598
[log in to unmask]  www.utc.edu/finearts
Office: 423-425-4379  Fax: 423-425-5249