SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2004

From:
Ray Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:40:42 EDT
In a message dated 8/12/2004 7:30:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  My favrite pic is the bubbleshell.  In all my years of
> night dives in the Swan I've only chanced across a LIVE bubbleshell ONCE.

Hello Viv,

Thank you so much for putting your WONDERFUL pictures on display. My favorite
picture was also the bubble shell. Several years ago I was diving a place
here called Navarre Bridge rubble. I hadn't been diving that long but I came
across THREE bubble shells all in a line on the top of the rubble. I didn't know
what they were so I took one to identify it. I was amazed at their beauty and
now that I know how rare they are I have felt guilty all of these years for
taking one.

I've never seen another one. I was surprised at looking at your pictures that
they looked the same as the ones I saw. I would have figured that the species
would be a little different.

Viv, you've got a great eye and talent. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to
seeing you again in LaPaz.

Take care,
Ray