SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2004

From:
Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:29:29 -0500
Bjorn Vang Jensen wrote:

>Crusty wrote:
>

>>I envy you your dive and time together, and can't wait to see some
>>proper pix from Shelly.  Rumor has it that Strike has lots of 'em but
>>won't share them with the rest of us.  :-)
>>

>I've been trying to make this happen for something like 3 years, so I'm pretty excited! Even if I will only get a single dive in, at least I can die in peace :-)
>

>>FWIW, I'll be in Shanghai and Beijing from August 22nd through September
>>3rd.  Will you be in the neighborhood?
>>

>Unlikely but not impossible. The 23rd is out, though, since it's Alexander's b-day, but I MAY have to go there towards the end of the week. I'll keep you posted. Where are you staying ?
>
>Bjorn

I hadn't realized it at the time I booked the trip, but the day I
arrive, the day before Alexander's BD, is Deng Xiaoping's birthday.  In
the midst of the reverie, I'll be secretly celebrating Alexander's BD.
:-)  I don't have my Beijing hotel info yet (1st half of the trip) , but
in Shanghai I'll be at the Royalton Hotel   http://www.royalton.com.cn
No.789 Wu Yi Road, Shanghai, China   Tel: 86 21 5206 8000

I'd love to catch up with you over a steaming plate of barbecued duck
tongue!  :-)

Best
Russ