SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:16:03 -0400
On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:17:55 -0400, Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On my somewhat rhetorical question prompted by the re-emergence of
Jan from Hell (aka Scuba-L), closely followed by Robert Lung the
scumbag imposter to flame Andy, and the continued silence of Chuck
Hopf and others about the identity and intolerable acts of Robert Lung:

RF>  Look into the BIG MIRROR of this group, folks, and give us
RF>  some reasons why anyone should return, given not only the
RF>  continuing existence of the same SCUMBSAGS (Robert Lung,
RF>  Chuck Hopf, et el), but the re-emergence of OLDER scumbags.  ;-)

Mika arose from some tomb to make some mistaken use of the words
"you", "us:, and "we" in the English language.  ;-)

>> Why should you return? You love us, Fischi. We love you too.

Thank you Mika.  You meant well.

But the "us" is few and far between, and I can say unequivocally that
it has been a monotonically decreasing function (ask a mathematician
if you don't know what that means) ever since about a decade ago.

As for the "we", you had better use some singular version if you
meant yourself or someone else you know.  :-)   In either event, I
have made it abundently clear throughout my years on this LIST and
its moribund predecessor (L that rhymes with Hell) that I am not
here to run for any public office, any beauty contest, nor any
popularity contest.

I was here to share my SCUBA experience with those who are my friends,
first of all;  and those who are knowledgeable SCUBA DIVERS.  These
two often coincide.

Lee DING-DONG Bell, who has at one time or another been DENOUNCED,
and rather severely denounced, by most of my friends (and some who
aren't) for his purposeless and fivolous picking of fights with
those who kept me here much longer than I would have stayed --
Strike, Bjorn, Viv -- to name only those who come immediately to
mind, was quick to MISUSE the word "we" as if he was the spokesman
for the present group of very-occasional-posters:

Lee>  No we don't.

Of course YOU don't.  At least I wasn't running for any popularity
context, but YOU seem to be running hard for that context -- and
have been doing miserably in recent years!  No amount of free liquor
or free rides on your boat will buy you the mistaken respect you had
from one or two rec.scuban clueless.

Look at the BIG MIRROR again, folks!

The TWO scuba posts (and the ONLY two) of this month, one by Strike,
and the other by the Krazy Kiwi, stood conspicuously silent since
their appearance on Aug 3 and Aug 1 respectively!  If not for a few
friends of mine who are still on the list, I would have said they
were casting pearls before swine.

The only flurry of activity was brought out by Andy and Tart's happy
occasion of bringing a potential diver into this cruel and deteriorating
world, which brought about the social greetings that have become a
TRADEMARK of Scuba-SE -- no-scuba social greetings.

This is NOT to say such is not, or shouldn't be, a part of this SOCIAL
group (the comaraderie has ALWAYS been an integral part of it).  But
when such became the ONLY activities to drag out a few lurkers, it
becomes a symptom of a LIST that is very ill -- as we had seen what
happened to Scuba-L.

And what happened to the happy SCUBA occasion of the Las Paz NEDFEST?
(This should temporarily revive some of those from the dead, and those
who have gone underground in their discussions).

BIG MIRROR:  Compare it to the Coz99NEDfest!  The pre-NEDfest excitement,
from Strike's Bulletins, to ongoing sharing of fun-to-be with those who
were not among the fortunate to be able to attend -- that went on,
continuously, for nearly an entire YEAR, culminating on an occasion
that will be remembered for years to come, and the MODEL of a SCUBA
gathering among internet friends or friends-to-be, that has not been
seen ever since, and probably never will again, in my lifetime
anyway.

It's a happy and sad rememberance for me at the same time.

What has "SE" in Scuba-SE evolved to now?

"S" for "Social" is easy, in a dying group of a dozen or two of
those who had seen the Good 'Ole Days, and wishfully thinking those
days may return some time, once the villants like myself are gone.
Keep wishing!  :-))

I have tremendous difficulty find a word suitable for the "E" of
SE.  There are many unflattering candidates which I'll not enumerate,
but none seems to fit precisely.  Perhaps the wise remaining members
will find some glowing terms for it.

This is not a WISH, but a recognition of REALITY -- the mutual
admiration society of DING-DONG Lee, Chuck Hopf, Robert Lung,
Jan and her secret-society members whioh included Lee, will
eventually be the sole occupants of Scuba-SE, as corkcroaches
are predicted to be the ruler of the world after all the clever
and wise humans are long gone.

See you in a Cruise, a Flight, a Bridge Tournament, some lively
adventures, or ... (Nah, that seems too unlikely <g>) a scuba
location.

El Pezcardo!  (But the Funeral will be indefinitely postponed).