SCUBA-SE Archives

August 2004

From:
Wayne McKenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:19:19 -0700
Hi,

Rita and I had a wonderful local shore dive today. It has been some time
since we got wet and it felt pretty good. Went to a fairly used local spot.
Saw lots of the familiar stuff but saw a couple of neat things. There were
thousands of baby shrip around and the baby rock cod were acting real tough
(I'm talking about rock cod 1/2 inch long) charging through the shrimp
getting a feed, it was a hoot to watch the little fellows. Found a colony
of Light Bulb Tunicates about 2' by 1' that hid al kinds of little
critters, never noticed these Tunicates at this site before. Lots of other
fish, various nudibranchs, scallops and  sponges. I will be getting wet
much more often. :-)

Wayne