HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 5

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:42:47 -0500
Verify that the device is a differential SCSI device.  I have seen them
in SE-SCSI and Ultra SCSI on the web.  Look for the diamond logo on or
near the connector, if it has an extra layer, it's differential.  If you
can count the pins, that's good too.  68 pins will be diff, 50 will be
SE.

Use the appropriate cable and connect to the appropriate controller.

If you can't find jumpers for termination, simply use an SE-SCSI
terminator.  I found this page for you to help you with the dip
switches.

http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/cluster_doc/cluster_50/TCR_HCFG/CHTPDVCS.
HTM

or

http://tinyurl.com/4vael

Once you have set the device to an unused address, follow Craig's
procedure.

Denys