HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 5

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 04:07:00 -0700
Andrew,

Treat the DLT4000 like any SCSI device...  Assuming that it is a FW-SCSI, the
easy way is to

1) Make sure the DLT has the jumpers set for termination.
2) connect it to it's OWN HP6968A FW-SCSI card.
3) Re-boot the HP3000
>BO PRI
Interact with IPL?> Yes
ISL> ODE                        <<OFFLINE DIAGNOSTIC ENVIRONMENT
>RUN MAPPER
>EXIT
>EXIT

Mapper will produce an output that shows which paths all the devices are
connected on.  I find it is best to print this out and save it.

4) Reboot the system with START (NO)Recovery

5) Logon on a manager.sys
6) SYSGEN
7) IO
8) Add the path (FW-SCSI card, pseudo and finally device)
9) The DEVICE ID is DLT4000
10) ho, keep and exit

If you are on the newer versions MPE/ix...

11) DOIONOW

If not, reboot again...

You now should have a new tape drive....

Good morning from the west coast.

HTH,

Craig