HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 4

From:
donna garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:43:54 -0700
--- Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Unless the configuration on your target recovery box is identical
> to the configuration on your source box you will get all sorts of
> error messages when you do an INSTALL from your cslt tape.
>
> You will be spending a *lot* of time in SYSGEN/NMMGR etc setting up
> disc drive, tape drive etc configs to make your target box match
> what's on your cslt tape.

odds are you *won't* be able to use your system's configuration on the
dr system.  it's probably best to start the system with the correct
'confgxxx' group.  you'll still have lots and lots of work but perhaps
not quite so much clean-up.  *if* you have your actually configuration
in hand...you won't be spending a lot of wasted time spinning your
wheels.

btw....hard-coded ldev number will drive you nuts and probably make you
want to kill!  you may not be able to control your ldevs -- especially
for printers.  just more to think about....         - d

=====
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer
dgarverick -at- longs -dot- com
925-210-6631        Longs Drug Stores

Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
"Ulysses", A. Tennyson