HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 4

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:57:41 -0700
Donna Garverick (excuse me, that should be donna garverick) wrote:
>you mentioned dlt's....you'd be suprised how many of the dr companies
>have no dlt's for your 3000.

That reminded me of a DR test I did several years ago.  In the days leading up to the test, I spoke to the manager of the hot site to confirm that the recovery system had the correct type of tape drives to read our store tapes (DDS1 with compression at that time).  He assured me they were compatible.  As you have undoubtedly guessed, we arrived at the hot site on the day of the test only to find our tapes weren't readable.  We changed hot site providers soon after that!

JHC