HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 4

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:00:22 +0100
Although I originally wrote in reply to Shawn Gordon's statements,
I see that Brice Yokem had to put in his $.02.

So, in response to you, Brice :

Shawn said :
 > Yea, I bet those people in Iraq really hate us right now.

I replied :
Too right they do. Don't you realise that they
can't wait to see the back of the US forces?
Not to mention all the "executives" who have
moved in to "redistribute" all their oil wealth.

Brice said :
> Saddams supporters hate us, the rest are glad
> we got rid of the Baathist thugs and are now
> in the process of trying to govern themselves.
> They might not love us, but are glad we did
> what we did. There used to be more pro-US
> people there, but were eliminatedwhaen we
> didn't finish the job after the first war.

So you agree with what I said , basically.
The US is unpopular in Iraq.

Shawn said :
> The state of Israel and five and a half million Jews would
> be crushed by its enemies if not for American aid.

I replied :
Don't you think that the support for Israel causes far more
hate for the US in the various and many Arab countries?

Brice said :
> No.  I think the hate for the USA comes more from terrorist
> groups fanning the flames of discontent and anti-USA
> propaganda.

More "head-in-the-sand" statements.
See : http://www.arabview.com/articles.asp?article=334
or : http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/terrorism.html
or : http://www.milligazette.com/Archives/01122001/08.htm
or : http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0915-02.htm

Now that I have emulated Denys and posted all these "biased" links,
I feel a lot better. :o)

Cheers,

John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]      "If at first you don't succeed..
Web : http://www.hp3000links.com    Don't take up sky-diving !"
"All your HP e3000 resources on the Net"
(Mirror: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~jdunlop/index.html)