HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 4

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:12:41 -0400
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:17:31 -0500
Jay Maynard <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I don't give a fuzzy rat's posterior wether the leftists of the world
> hate the US.

And no doubt you will be unsurprised when it becomes too dangerous to
leave your country or to live without constant surveillance within
it. Your lack of care will result in you and your society entering a
prison. One that you and others like you will create the need for,
construct, pay for, and diminish within.

> The most commonly proposed fix - to allow the rest of the
> world to dictate US foreign policy, as they tried to do before we got
> rid of that tyrant in Iraq - is unacceptable.

The very idea of foreign policy is an anachronism.  When your well
being is dependent upon oil from the middle east, labour from
Indochina, markets in Asia and Europe, resources from South America
and loans from around the world then you no long have the possibility
of a meaningful foreign policy.  You need a social policy. One that
accepts that people everywhere are as entitled to a peaceful,
prosperous, existence as someone from Kansas City or Des Moines.  If
you cannot or will not accept that then you are on a collision course
with the rest of he world.  The odds against you prevailing are 20:1
and steadily worsening.

Good luck, you will need it.

Regards,
Jim

--

***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca