HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 4

From:
John Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:29:35 -0500
I hear what you're saying, John.  But I'm coming to the conclusion that the
framers of our constitution, whom I highly regard for their wisdom and
suffering, didn't intend for elected office to be a career, but rather an
obligation that (perhaps) everyone should shoulder at least once in their
lifetime, similar to jury duty.  Perhaps they could see the danger in
"career politicians"?

John Lee

At 02:29 PM 7/21/04 -0400, JohnMcDowell wrote:
>Term limits have been successful in states where there has been a ballot
initiative from the grass roots. You are right there is much resistance
from the lifers. Feel free to start one in your state.

>I see a great benefit to limits. This said there is still a part of me
that has a problem with having a law that says that I can not support the
candidate that I feel is best, no matter how long they have served. It
seems to be an issue that is simple on the surface, but has many underlying
pros and cons to it.

>John McDowell

communication, the information contained in this email message is
confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please immediately return the original message
to Fayez Sarofim & Co. at [log in to unmask] and delete the copy received
in error. Thank you.