HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 3

From:
Robert Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:58:10 -0400
Hey all, thanks in advance for reading this message.

I'll breif outline my situation first.  I am a 2nd year computer science
student, and I've been hired for the summer student position at a local
office building to take care of usual computer stuff.

One of the things I must do, is get an old hp 3000 server, a 947RX, running.
 I've managed to figure out how to boot the machine up to the an ISL prompt,
and can login using some account info I found written in one of the manuals.
 Luckily this account has access to all the information I needed to get
(Employee records going back several years).  Unfortunatly I haven't been
able to find the operator password, and what I need to do is get all this
information printed off somehow.  I have an old HP 2235A Rugged Writer
printer that I suspect was attached to the 3000 at one point, but I have no
idea how to go about setting it up, if that is even possible without the
operator password.

Any help anyone can offer will be super apreaciated,
Thanks for reading,
Rob