HP3000-L Archives

July 2004, Week 1

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:11:38 -0500
Glenn Paden <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Matthew,
>
>Ad hominem attacks don't prove or disprove anything. A fact reported
by BBC is as much a fact as one reported by Fox News. Far more
important is whether the information reported is accurate and how fully
the information is reported. Because of this and the inevitable errors
that occur in the reporting by every source of news (including Fox
News), I try to get news from as many sources as possible.

>I should clarify my question since apparently it wasn't clear. My
question was what the 'mounting evidence' of collaboration between Al
Qaeda and Hussein's government is.

>I'm guessing that the 'evidence' you cited is the report of the
discovery by Polish troops of rockets tainted with cyclosarin. The
discovery supports the contention of what we already knew: Saddam
Hussein's government developed and used chemical weapons, nothing more.

I fail to see where anything I said was an ad hominem attack. I did not
attack you personally but said you should/must get your news from more
than one source - this is an admonition that goes back at least to the
days of my great-grandfather, who said you can't believe everything you
read in the newspaper and to which my grandfather later added the radio
and television.