SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2004

From:
Bjorn Vang Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:44:50 +0800
Huw Porter wrote:

> A provisional photo gallery of UW photos from Sipadan is now up at:
> http://www.huwporter.com/scuba/sipadan.html

Hi Huw! Glad to see you made it Sydney and back into the swing of things :-)

Having seen the originals (most of which still reside on my harddisk for
blackmail purposes when you get rich and famous), and in the absence of a
Nobel Prize for Photo Retouching, I hereby declare you the Supreme
Unsurpassed Enlightened Übermeister of PhotoShop :-))

> These were all shot with Sony DSC-P100, with (where appropriate)
> internal flash only.  The manufacturers 40m housing proved - under
> extensive idiot testing - idiot proof.

You know what they say, as soon as they make something idiot proof, someone
will invent a better idiot :-)

> Be gentle - they are my first.  :-)

Better than my first ones, that's for sure. Nobody, not even the combined
PhotoShop programming team, could have gotten anything out of them that
anyone but a diver would have recognized as underwater scenery.

Bjorn