OPENMPE Archives

July 2004

OPENMPE@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Birket Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Birket Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:00:04 -0400
Plan to CANCEL SIGImage/SQL meeting @ HPWKen This is my comment:

If someone were homesteading I would be concerned that there will come a day when Image/SQL will need to know about SQL99 ... that day is not too far out ... so I would want to have people understand that before we give Ken and Tien-You a leave of absence.

I am sure that the database lab has been steadily reducing staffing so I'm not sure it could actually do anything at this point to earn the support dollars ... but without thinking too much I recognise that this will be a burning issue soon ...

Sorry to contradict the illustrious cast of characters who have commented but as Ken will tell you there must be a contrarian in every group;-) As a user and a vendor I would want SIG-IMAGE to help facilitate the advocacy. It is too early to stand down ... your vigilance is still needed until the knowledge base is confirmed as safely escrowed.

Birket