HP3000-L Archives

June 2004, Week 4

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:28:29 -0400
Jim:

Thanks for the heads up.

I disconnected all the hardware from the UPS (including the DTC) and
plugged them all into an APC Network surge protector I have.

The DTC obviously has its own problem as it keeps losing its "F2" status...

Keeps cycling thru "10", "50", "61" thru "64" and then finally makes it
back to "F2" (but not for long before going back to "10" etc etc).

This is actually the SECOND 2345A DTC I've had and the first one was
replaced for the very same reason. They don't seem to be very reliable but
what do you expect for $500?

Thankfully, all that is connected to this DTC is a 2563B line printer that
doesn't get used much, a MultiTech modem that is off most of the time and a
dumb HP 700/96 terminal connected to LDEV 21....

So thanks to one and all who emailed me regarding this matter...

Brian Donaldson.