HP3000-L Archives

June 2004, Week 4

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:02:31 -0400
Anyone got a clue as to what is going on with my system (917LX) ?

DTC 2345A keeps losing its "F2", recycles itself and returns to "F2". This
happens constantly all day long. Many console messages regarding the code
being dowloaded, started (or aborted).

Messages on the console frequently tell me it cannot communicate with the
HP PowerTrust UPS. I go into UPSUTIL and "RESTART" the UPS and everything
apparently is ok until the next time it happens....

I do a SHOWDEV 103 and the UPS is assigned correctly.

:showdev 103

 LDEV     AVAIL         OWNERSHIP         VOLID         DEN   ASSOCIATION

  103     UNAVAIL       SYS #1

The absolutely worst nasty event going on (does not happen frequently but
once in a while) -- the HP Power Trust UPS will power itself OFF(!) on
occasion. The HP3000 goes down without any console messages.
I switch off the UPS and switch it back on again and the electricity is
going thru it ok. System always reboots ok.

The electricity in the apartment apparently is fine, no other electrical
equipment seems to have any problems, my pc has no problems, stereo system
ok, tv etc etc -- only the DTC and the UPS are giving me a hard time.

Anyone out there know what is going on?

Brian.