HP3000-L Archives

June 2004, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:36:50 -0400
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:06:26 -0500, Denys P. Beauchemin
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Today, I got a message from HP3000-L that it was holding a message I
>posted containing a joke.  Then I got another message that HP3000-L was
>restricting a message I posted about the HP3000-L luncheon I was trying
>to organize at HP World 2004.
>
>This indicates to me that it is time for me to leave HP3000-L.  I will
>not put up with censorship.

My dear friend Denys, and other list members:

Your message was posted from [log in to unmask]  This particular
address is not in the subscriber list.  You do have [log in to unmask] and
even [log in to unmask]  So your posting didn't appear to
come from a subscriber and was forwarded to me to approve (the list doesn't
get much spam because of such approvals I never issue).  I approved both
your luncheon posting and this apparent farewell that I think you may have
jumped the gun.  There is no censorship other than keeping the spam off the
list.
I would be more than happy to add the "new" address to the subscriber list
as well, and you'll have to pick the one you want to send mail back (unless
you want multiple copies).

I'm terribly sorry at this misunderstanding.  You are not being censored in
any way, Denys, nor is anyone else on the list.  But if you post from an
address not on the subscriber list, I have to OK it before it gets sent,
whether your a spammer, a usenet reader, or just changed your address again.

Please stick around Denys.  We've lost too many good minds already.

Sincerely,
Jeff Kell
HP3000-L Listowner