HP3000-L Archives

June 2004, Week 3

From:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:22:43 -0400
Since the list is starting to veer wildly off-topic today, I thought I might
get something off my chest. Just after Easter, My wife picked up some Easter
candy on sale, which I found truly disturbing, although it does provide
evidence for a premise I have long held regarding children and holiday
candies. Children will eat candy, regardless of its appearance or name. I
think that one could pass out broccoli-shaped chocolates for Halloween, and
children would still eat it, once they had ascertained that there was no
actual broccoli involved. What my wife bought was a hollow shell of
chocolate in the shape of Winnie the Pooh (now a Disney property, so
marketed as an Easter product by Disney, by some level of indirection, so
thank you, Michael Eisner). While there was nothing off-putting about the
appearance of this holiday confection, there's just something not right
about eating a chocolate Pooh.

Greg Stigers, MCSA
this space for rent