HP3000-L Archives

June 2004, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:45:45 -0400
Denys Beauchemin wrote:

> This past week was not the first time I have had messages held.  It
> happened a few times over the last several months.  Some of the messages
> never got through, IIRC.

A good 90% of "for approval" messages I get are spam or undeliverables,
although some are from usenet readers or others that somehow have
morphed their e-mail address so that it is different from the original
signup.  I make a best effort to try to check each one individually.

There are times when I get behind, and spam gets far ahead, and I get
too happy with the delete key.  If this was the fate of your earlier
held messages, my sincere apologies, I'll try to be more careful.

> So, I am back.  I intend to keep only to technical issues because a) I
> have so little time now and b) it is useless to try to convince useful
> idiots like Michael that they should wake up and smell the coffee (or
> bomb material.)  :-)

I'm very glad to see you back, Denys, and sorry for the confusion.

> And Jeff my good friend, there is no need to add my other address to the
> list.  I will try to not repeat the mistake (too often.)

And if you do, I'll try to approve it pronto :-)

Jeff