HP3000-L Archives

June 2004, Week 3

From:
Ken Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:42:56 -0400
yahoo.com wrote:
>  What is the windows application that I should open my PCL files and
> execute the commands in it ? I tried notepad,wordpad,winword all of
> them do not execute PCL commands . I do not have printers options from
> dos editor whcih is the only opener that execute the PCL commands
> files ..Help please .Do not tell me to install new apllications I am
> searching an existense one .

There is a free utility PrintFile (prfile32) available from
http://www.lerup.com/printfile/

If you use the "Send to Printer" option in the Text File settings, it
will copy the file to the printer without translation.

If the printer is connected locally to the PC, you can use the command
line COPY command, for example
COPY FILE1 LPT1:

Sometimes you can get that to work for network printers, too.