SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2004

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:21:42 +1000
On Wednesday, June 02, 2004 9:34 AM, Don Ward wrote:

>I also keep my rear screen turned off unless setting up a shot.  The screen
generates too much heat and will fog it up if left on.

Mate!  I employ the same technique that I do with keeping a face mask
clear - always have water sloshing around inside it!  In that regard, I find
that not bothering to check the 'O'-ring prior to the dive - and allowing a
small portion of it to stick outside of the housing - allows just the right
amount of water into the casing!  :-)))

Even as we speak, I'm greasing the 'O'-ring prior to running it through a
sand bath in preparation for my liveaboard trip(s) to the Great Barrier Reef
tomorrow.  (It's dark  and dirty work, but somebody has to do it - and it
might as well be me!)  :-)

If things go to the usual plan, then I won't have any pics to share!  :-))

Strike