SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2004

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:28:22 -0400
"Christian Gerzner" wrote:

> My recommendation would be another gorgeous dog to replace Baron.

It's tempting, but we've decided not to get another dog.  They simply
require more attention than we're ready to give over their expected life.
Right now, while I'm still working, that would be great.  I won't be working
much longer and we plan on traveling in the islands.  Our cat, Tinker, is
enough.

> Weimaraner
> German Shorthaired Pointer
> Irish Wolfhound
> Great Dane
> Standard Poodle (for those not in the know, that's the BIG one)
> Boxer

Interesting choices.  Baron was a half breed Doberman/Shepherd.  Normally,
if I were to go for a pure bred, it would probably be a golden retreiver or,
perhaps, an Irish Setter.  I'm also quite fond of Labrador Retreivers.  Like
you, I refer larger dogs, but large dogs and boating are not a good match.
If we got another dog, it would not be a large breed.  A Jack Russell
terrior is so full of energy and excitement that it's hard not to enjoy
them.

Lee