HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 5

From:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:52:43 -0400
Thanks Paul and all the others who responded,

The approach that we followed that eventually solve the problem was pretty
much the one that you summarized so succinctly here.

The final piece that we were missing was the ALTGROUP name;HOMEVS=volumeset.

Paul Courry wrote:

| I've run into this before. It comes from improperly creating and purging
groups and accounts on private volume sets.

| Everyone is spot on when they say:
|
| PURGEGROUP name;ONVS=volumeset
| PURGEGROUP name
| NEWGROUP name
| NEWGROUP name;ONVS=volumeset
| ALTGROUP name;HOMEVS=volumeset
| LISTGROUP name
|
| If you want to be thorough kick everyone and all jobs off the system then
run FSCHECK in TELESUP with the IGNORE parameter. Running the usual 3
subroutines within
| FSCHECK will tell you what other groups were improperly purged from the
system so you can do a little housecleaning.