HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 4

From:
"Emerson, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emerson, Tom
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 09:36:48 -0700
[...]
> Why "The customer would be responsible for ending each of the spool
> files with a form feed command to flush the last page"?
>
> How about something like "end_with_form_feed = [true/false]" in
> NPCONFIG.PUB.SYS"?

Is it *really* that difficult to inspect the last charater(s) of the spool file to see whether or not it was CHR$(12) [form-feed] or the PCL equivalent?  [and then of course, add the ASCII form-feed char, at the very least, if such wasn't found?]

Actaully, even blindly adding a FF would be ok -- it might "waste paper", but I would think a "wasted page" would be preferrable to starting "the next report" in the middle of the last page of the previous report...  [but then, should you add a second FF in case you happen to be printing double-sided...?]