HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 4

From:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 14:49:34 -0500
 In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] says...

> Anyway, if you tell us what your 3000 is, I'm sure we can tell you
> what CPU it has.

Well that's the problem - it's a big black box downstairs and it runs MPE
</end of my knowledge>

How do I tell what model etc. it is?  Is there going to be something on
the box to look at or is there a command I can type?

I was hoping that the CPU speed would give a general idea of the
performance - I know there's a lot more to it than that but I'd assume HP
would match the CPU speed with the rest of the system.  Got to start
somewhere.

I did do a very simple benchmark program based on the kind of things our
code does.  It's just that a customer wants their code running on MPE to
run just as fast on UNIX. But I'd like to compare similar hardware.

All I know about the HPUX system is that it's a d9000/800 system but I
don't really know what that means.  I did a google search but that didn't
help much.

Cheers

Peter