HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 4

From:
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shahan, Ray
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 15:00:36 -0500
Hi all,

        We need to copy some daily files from one 3k box to another 3k box every night.  The problem is that we have utilities that perform various things on the files based upon the create dates of the files, and both NBCOPY and DSCOPY build NEW files on the remote box which show the current create date rather than the original create date of the copied file [and yes, I realize that this is as it should be :-)].  So, does anyone know of a way (other than STORE/RESTORE) around this (a way to have the create-date of the source file be the create-date of the new file)?

As always, TIA,

Ray Shahan

Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and loudly proclaiming:

        -- WOW!!!   What a Ride! --