HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 4

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:01:21 -0400
Just wanted to make sure I have this right...I have always
had patch tapes in the past.

I downloaded a patch I need in tar format and extracted
a file which turned out to be a store file, and restored the
files with the create option...all the files ended up in an
account = PACHNMC and group = EAPIDP.

In reading the manual, it looks to me as though I will have
to create a group PATCHXL in SYS and move those files
I restored over into PATCHXL.

When I am ready to run Patch/iX (after backup and
creation of current boot tape), I deselect option to
'purge all files in PATCHXL.SYS' and I deselect option
to 'restore files from reactive patch tape' since I don't
have a tape.

I'm OK from there. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't
missing something, since I saw no instructions online
for installing these patch files...thanks.

Tom Hula
Victor S. Barnes Company