HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 3

From:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 11:38:21 +1000
Dave, Thanks...

I think I worked it out....I didn't want to do the whole document (payslip)
in PCL, which would mean working out coordinates for everything. After a
couple of tests, I sent
'27"%1A"    enter PCL
'27"(12U"'27"(s0p10h0s0b4099T"   symbol set 12U, fixed, courier something,
and it all worked. Best part is, it produced 12 point on request on a Xerox
and on an HP 1200, with all the normal data placement, and  changes from
bold to normal etc as before. There is a difference in vertical spacing,
which I havent worked out yet, but its a minor detail, compared to the rest.

jp