HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 3

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 08:41:45 -0400
drag and drop between two systems sounds a lot like
Samba to me, but this is a digression...

One of our engineers in China was experimenting with
the requirement to have Chinese double-byte characters
as data on our HP3000 and found out that WRQ Reflection
would let them do so directly from the the command
line.  (Not any other terminal emulator ... yet.)

Now all they need is to be able to run 'nloo' utility
to get the output to a printer.  This isn't easy at
the command line or the existing application (since it
asks for LDEV numbers as a prompt, but it sounds like
an opportunity for Espul to integrate 'nloo'.

(Or has it been done?  Is Richard Corn still out there?)

BT

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors