HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 3

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 14:38:57 -0700
Eben Yong wrote:
> Hi Folks, I am looking for GUI FTP software that allows one to log into
> two FTP servers and then drag and drop files from one server to the
> other.  I know this exists but am having a difficult time locating it.
> The specific intent is to copy posix files from one hp3000 to another.
> Thanks in advance as always!

Windows XP Pro *almost* lets you do this without any extra software.

Set up SETPARMS.ARPA.SYS on your 3000 to contain "POSIX=ON".

Open MSIE and access your 3000 via the URL "[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">ftp:[log in to unmask]".
  Specify the password when prompted.  The MSIE window will then show the files
on your 3000.

You can drag files from your local PC and drop them onto the MSIE window to
upload them to your 3000 via FTP.  Note that the files will be uploaded as
bytestream files.

I opened a second MSIE window to another 3000 FTP server.  I tried to drag and
drop between the two FTP servers, but apparently MSIE doesn't support that.

Thinking that might have been an issue with the MPE FTP server, I retested with
an HP-UX FTP server and a Linux FTP server, and it didn't let me do that either.
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California electrons...