HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 3

From:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 16:15:26 -0400
On Wed, 19 May 2004 12:41:30 -0700, Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>    Have you tried MGET and MPUT commands?  I used them to move about 75
or
>so files at a pop on a regular basis... Just remember to put the switch on
>that waives needing to answer for each file.

Now there you go.  This is a good ah-ha moment.  Certainly we all have our
options to transfer data beween systems.  I knew about MGET and MPUT but I
did not know about the option to waive the prompt.  Straightforward FTP
command:  PROMPT OFF

Thanks, Art!  But I still think there is a place for GUI.  WRQ's next
version of Reflection FTP should be able to do drag-n-drop between HP3K
systems.  Is anyone from WRQ listening?  :-)

ftp> help prompt
PROMPT

Toggle interactive prompting.  Interactive prompting occurs during
multiple file transfers to allow the user to selectively retrieve
or restore files.  If prompting is turned off (default is on), any
mget or mput will transfer all files, and any mdelete will delete
all files.